Sunday, October 5, 2008

VP debate

With all the drama weighing on my mind, I sat down and watched the vice presidential debate. I can only speak for myself, but the pain in my head grew as I witnessed Gov. Palin deliver a performance drenched in FAKE phrases and overly simplified patriotic statements designed to seduce voters in Middle America. I hoped that she would hold her own because I know that many will judge all women in politics based on Palin's ability to perform under pressure. I also hoped that she would prove herself worthy of the office she seeks and that she would then be judged on the policy positions presented rather than on the fallout of another intellectual meltdown on national television.
One thing I actually did enjoy about the debates is that each candidate got to tell us what their roles would be as Vice-President. This really allowed me to realize which way I was leaning more. After the debate was over I had seen headlines on news sites announcing that Palin has gotten back on track and that she "defied expectations". Conservative analysts had been said to applauded her for being herself and speaking like an average American. Sometimes I feel that when Palin expresses ideas she is lost within political termonology and sounds just as I would if I were competing for vp.

No comments: